About This Gig
Editing and Proofreading Services.
- Proofreading – $5 per 1K words
- Copy editing – $10 per 1K words (most common)
- Heavy editing – $20 per 1K words
- Contact me before ordering for a custom offer/delivery
- Word only (doc or docx)
- Sentence-level work with a focus on grammar, punctuation, sentence structure, consistency, pacing, flow, syntax, redundancies, tenses, dialog correction, transitions, clarity, general improvement and readability.
- Developmental/issue notes for when I catch something outside the scope of a copy edit.
Proofreading and Editing (Heavy)
- Book proofreading is a basic grammar and punctuation check.
- A heavy edit is for documents that are transcribed, translated or need extensive and time-consuming work. Contact me first.
Be sure to check out the video above and frequently asked questions below!
Let’s get this edit party started!
Do you edit poems or children’s books?
Anything written in a stanza or rhyme sequence wouldn’t follow a writing style guide. A copy edit would not apply to that type of work. In general, I do not accept children’s books. Contact me first.
What is a heavy edit?
A heavy edit is a copy edit for translated, transcribed or time-intensive content. It offers light rewriting but is still a copy edit. I won’t change your voice or meaning. It does not offer writing new content, just light rewriting within the scope of a copy edit.
Do you offer formatting?
No, this gig is for proofreading or copy editing.
What do I get when you are done?
Two Word documents. One with changes shown (change tracker) and one with changes applied. You need Word or a program that can see edits made.
Do you offer revisions?
Yes, you get unlimited revisions to my edits and notes (but not new content). Only for the standard and premium service.
Do you offer developmental editing?
I provide developmental notes if I catch something during a copy edit, but it’s not a full developmental edit. Depending on the content, I may not find anything to leave a note about.
Can I get a free sample of your editing before I decide?
Yes, I recommend a sample edit. It’s easy to do and I get back to you usually within 24 hours. There is no charge. A sample edit gives both of us a chance to see if we’re a good fit.
What is your delivery time?
Rough estimation of delivery based on word count. 5K = Five days 10K to 20K = Ten days 20K to 50K = Twenty days 50K + = Thirty days
Delivery and anything over 10K words
If you need a custom delivery date or have an order with over 10K words, please message me first.